Diagnostic Audiology Procedures, Tests and services are available for the full range of Auditory Functions, Vestibular Function, Rehabilitative Audiology and Preventative Audiology.
Diagnosis and auditory training for hearing loss, auditory processing disorders, tinnitus and Meniere’s disease are provided by independent professional audiologists.
Diagnostic Audiology Tests of Auditory Function:
- Audiometry (air/bone conduction)
- Acoustic reflexes
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Electrocochleography (trans-tympanic ECochG)
- Auditory Evoked Brainstem Responses (ABR)
- Auditory Evoked Cortical Responses (ACR of CAEP)
- Dichotic listening (DD, MSW)
- Temporal discrimination (GIN, GDT)
- Listening in spatial noise (LiSNS)
- Speech perception in noise (BKB, SIN, HINT)
- Frequency and pattern discrimination (FFT)
- Electro-acoustic verification of hearing aids
- Real ear and insertion gain measurements of hearing aids
- Speech mapping
Rehabilitative Audiology Procedures:
- Auditory training for hearing loss and auditory processing disorders.
- Counselling and management strategies for hearing loss, tinnitus and Meniere’s disease
- Music based therapy for tinnitus, misophonia, acoustic shock and TTTS
- Selection, fitting, programming, verification, and maintenance of hearing aids, cochlear implants, BAHA and other implantable hearing devices.
Preventative Audiology Procedures and Services:
- Percentage loss of hearing report for workers exposed to noise
- Noise level measurements
- Custom made earplugs for musicians, swimmers, recreational and professional noise protection.
- Custom made ear plugs for mobile phones and other personal listening devices
- In-ear monitors